“I will never retire,
I love this stuff.”
~ Mendo Vasilevski
a bit about Mendo…
Mendo is a professional Melbourne artist of 17 years who loves bright and bold colours with lots of texture. After pursuing Microbiology, Mendo loved the experimental side of science but needed to go back to his first love Art!. By fusing these worlds together he creates truly cutting edge experimental artworks, entering new series and styles each year. This passion is what gets Mendo excited everyday to create beyond his imagination. He borrows from water, flora and fauna, and injects their influence onto the canvas.
Meetings at the studio are available 7 days a week by appointment only. Studio visits are great way to see many finished artworks and discuss a project for you.
“Painting is my mediation. It allows me to get into a flow-state to create art that comes from some deep subconscious instinct. I started drawing as a toddler because it was the only thing that my parents could do to calmed me down. Yes, I was restless child, but it didn’t help they gave me coffee! “
“With the Yarra river & nature around me I know we live in the best country…with the best coffee”
– Mendo Vasilevski
Painting beyond a hobby for over 18 years
- SOLO & GROUP EXHIBITION – WAVES OF PAINT – SNAPSHOT, PLENTY VALLEY 2018 & 2019
- BRUNSWICK STREET GALLERY – 2016
- CAM ART (CAMBERWELL GIRLS SCHOOL) 28th–30th November 2014
- VICTORIAN DESIGNER FLOORS JOINT EXPO APRIL 2014
- SOLO EXHIBITION – LEXUS I.S. RANGE LAUNCH 2013
- SYDNEY ART SHOW 2012
- ART MELBOURNE, ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING, Carlton – 2011 & 2012
- ART YARRAMANUA – 500 Collins St, Melbourne CBD.
- BRUNSWICK STREET GALLERY – Fitzroy
- SOLO EXHIBITION – JANES GALLERY – NEW ZEALAND – 2016 & 2011
- SOLO EXHIBITION & GROUP – MICHAEL BOYD GALLERY – Collingwood, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA. 2007 & 2009
- SOLO & GROUP EXHIBITION – PER METRE SQUARE – Collingwood, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.